It’s that time already!
After a few weeks of feeding our decadent Gluten Free Chocolate Orange Christmas Cake, it’s ready to be decorated.
We decided to opt for natural looking decorations using naturally gluten free dried fruits and nuts.
It’s simple to re-create.
- Selection of dried fruit and nuts (we used almonds, cherries, candied orange peel, cranberries and pistachios)
- White icing and marzipan (we prefer this natural colour)
- 4 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau
- Heat the jam and Cointreau in a small pan until slightly bubbling, remove from the heat to cool slightly.
- Brush the surface of your cake with the warm jam mixture.
- Get creative with your choice of fruits and icing! We cut a star for the icing and then surrounded it with neat rows of the fruit and nuts.
- Brush the top of the dried fruit or nuts (but not the icing) with more of the jam mixture.
- Allow to cool and store in an air tight container.
Enjoy! Wishing you a Merry Christmas!