To finish our season on oats, we have a recipe for those of you who cannot tolerate them. Bob’s Red Mill Four Grain Porridge is a great alternative to traditional porridge. Made using whole grain brown rice, whole grain millet, whole grain white sorghum and whole grain buckwheat it is naturally gluten-free. Nutritionally it is very impressive, low fat, saturated fat free, high in fibre and with no added salt or sugar.
Our recipe cooks the porridge in coconut water which adds a twist, but you can also cook it just in water for a simple breakfast.
Ingredients– 40g Bob’s Red Mill Four Grain Porridge
– 200ml Coconut Water
– Raspberries and Maple Syrup, to serve
– Bring the coconut water to a light simmer in a pan
– Add the cereal, stir, turn to a low heat
– Simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on
– Serve with fruit, and a touch of maple syrup to taste